Antonia asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 years ago

HELP! I gained 2 pounds in a day?

This morning I weighed 125.6, and I just checked and it said 127.4...I only ate once today and purged most of what I ate, but went to the bathroom. Then I stepped on it again, and it read 124.1. which is right? How would I gain 2 pounds from nothing..but it keeps reading me 127 now!!

also, it reads error in between. Is my scale defective you think? I look more like 124, then 127.

Most people's weight fluctuates 2-3 pounds during the day based on the actual weight of the food and liquid they consume. A pint of water weighs a pound. If a person drinks a quarter of liquid and eats a normal amount of food, they can increase their weight by a couple pounds. This weight will be gone by the next morning and is not at all the same as eating too many calories and storing fat.

We all get heavier during the day and lighter next morning

Your weight can vary by a few pounds depending on time of day and rather or not you have had food or water lately