Antonia asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 years ago

How did I gain 3 pounds overnight?

I'm struggling with purging anorexia, and yesterday I ate 1,600 calories without purging. I weighed 124.8 pounds yesterday, and today I weighed 128.2 pounds. WTF? I've never gained 3 pounds before like this. I'm also constipated and bloated. I'm afraid to eat much today, as I want to lose some of this weight tomorrow AM. My scale isn't exactly accurate, and the girl at the doctor's office didn't zero hers out before I got on. Do you think there is a mistake?

My clothes aren't any tighter, in fact, my size 2 pants are pretty loose.

• Chris

The body can and does flux an average of 5 Lbs daily. Drinking water after eating lots of sodium can retain water making you weigh more.....you need to have a good bowl movement....etc.

You know your ill, you know you're wrong about your weight, why are you feeding the disease? Talk to your therapist, or your doctor, you know this is wrong, and it needs to stop, so get help, stop feeding the disease.

Did you weigh yourself right after you ate? Before you pooped? Did you use a different scale? Your scale may be broken.