Hair is a disaster! my hair is the worst it has ever been in my entire life. please help me fix the disaster that is my hair.?

let me just say my hair is the worst it has ever been and I used to dye and bleach my hair. My hair is naturally brown, and has been dye free for 10 years. My hair is also, fine, and has no natural volume or bounce. its just there, hanging out on top of my head.

I was my hair at night 2-3 times a week. I air dry. I do not use oils, creams, or heat/styling tools ever on my hair. ive tried creams a few times and have not seen too much of a difference. also heat and styling tools tend to never hold anything. my hair wont stay curly or straight or any style for more then 10 mins so I just don't bother.

so for one day, after I washed my hair the previous night, my hair is clean, soft, light, and fluffy. lovely.

the next day, my hair is oily! sooo damn oily! its like someone rubbed butter into my hair while I was sleeping. and my scalp. ugh my scalp is so dry. the only way to combat my oily locks is to put some dry shampoo on it, but then my scalp gets irritated and my hair feels like greasy straw. my hair feels so thin, and lifeless, and sad. like it has no purpose in life.

I do not over wash my hair, I don't wash it every day I just cant.

ive tried tea tree shampoo with peppermint, ive tried sea salt shampoo, volumizing conditioner, sulfate free, this free that free, herbal essense, dove, garnie, and aussie....

and yet here I am...with second day hair that feels like third day hair.

help...

signed,

lifeless mop for hair.

• Sharon

Use a shampoo for oiily hair and only condition the ends. You should never condition the roots.

How old are you and do you have super oily skin as well or just your hair? Not everyone gets great hair. The key is to work WITH what you have, not against it. Start with a cut/style. Yep. You may not be a person who can successfully have a lot of different styles that rely on wave or volume. Go to a really good salon and have a conversation about it. Next, based on your hair type, you shouldn't sleep on it because you are just collecting oil and flattening it against your pillow. Since you don't style it at all, it really shouldn't be that difficult to move your hair washing or rinsing to the morning. You might try some of the newer "thickening" shampoos. This is different from volumizing. These new shampoos have ingredients that are absorbed into the hair and increase the circumference of the hair. Some people have had success by stopping shampooing altogether for a month or more. The theory is that if the scalp isn't stripped of oil it will eventually stop producing so much.

dont shampoo it for 2 weeks, just conidtion