Should labor unions be allowed to exist?

I think that the union thug filth in america should be exterminated.

what do you guys think?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Workers should be allowed to organize themselves to deal with their bosses collectively. However, I do believe, based on years of experience with several unions in diverse sectors of the economy, that most union hierarchies are worthless parasites.

And it bears repeating here that we like blame unions for ridiculous-sounding work arrangements and compensation schemes - but NO union has the authority or capability to put work arrangements or compensation schemes into place. ONLY management can do that. Managers, CEOs, and owners, ineffectively negotiating on behalf of their shareholders or constituents, AGREED to put those conditions in place. When management whines that "the union has us over a barrel and we have no choice" what they are really saying is they are unwilling to make hard choices that might inconvenience them - by costing them re-election, depressing their share price, or taking time away from golf and garden parties. So where you see crazy compensation schemes and work rules, you are actually looking at evidence of incompetent management, NOT evidence of some sort of harm which is thought to be inherent in organized labor.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Nosmo
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

I suspect you have never had a "thought" in your life. FYI, a living wage and Universal Health Care would kick 2 legs out from under unions.

• Trev
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Research the misery and poverty of Victorian England to discover how the world will be if the unions are destroyed. Capitalists are profoundly stupid people; you can only maximize profits to a point, after which there will be a total meltdown of society and almost certainly a revolution. Capitalists simply don't understand this! The unions do more to maintain the status quo than they (or you) will ever understand.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Hmm! They've run their course

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

I have no problem with collective bargaining, but many unions have entirely too much power.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Another great American patriotic murder advocate. Your ancestors died to fight trump like oligarchs and to form unions. Shame on you.

• 3 years ago

Yes!

I believe the real filth is in the board room and upper levels of management!

Lv 7
    3 years ago

Yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.