Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

In physics, do I have to change Celsius to Kelvin or vise versa when I am doing specific heat. Also, what should my answer be in? K or C?

Favorite Answer

Most uses of specific heat or heat capacity involve temperature differences. For that, you don't care about absolute zero. A temperature difference in K or C is the same measurement. (Ditto for Fahrenheit and Roentgen scales, but Roentgen is rarely used for anything.)

• Amy

For any measure of change of temperature, Kelvins and degrees Celsius are identical.

Only statements of the temperature in absolute terms need to pick a scale.