Can my manager (from olive garden) exempt me from work if i did not show up to a meeting?

I work at olive garden as a server. My weekends are they days i make my money for me to pay my bills, so i depend on those days. I had an appointment this morning(saturday) with my school counselor, but also had a meeting for olive garden. I did not make the olive garden meeting due to meeting with my school... show more I work at olive garden as a server. My weekends are they days i make my money for me to pay my bills, so i depend on those days. I had an appointment this morning(saturday) with my school counselor, but also had a meeting for olive garden. I did not make the olive garden meeting due to meeting with my school counselor instead. After both meetings were done, i was also scheduled to work that day. I came on time, and my manager sent me home because i did not show up to the meeting. Is this allowed? Could i take this to corporate? Im upset because these are the days i make money and now i cant work because of a school counselor meeting i chose to attend instead. (School comes first for me) what should I do? Is this fair?
18 answers 18