Is it good to be a gay in USA ?

People make fun of them in my country. And they don't come openly. What about USA

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Sky
    Lv 7
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's perfectly fine to be gay wherever you are. As far as the social and political climate here in the US, gay people have gained a great deal more acceptance in recent decades. People have much more freedom to come out and be open about being gay, there are many openly gay celebrities and athletes, and social shunning and mistreatment of people for being gay has fallen out of favor and become largely unpopular. Anti-sodomy laws have been struck down, there are many places with anti-discrimination laws protecting the GLBT community, nowhere is it legal to attack or harm someone just for being gay (and it can also be treated as a hate crime), and a couple years ago it was ruled that nationwide same-sex couples had the right to marry.

However, things aren't perfect of course. There is still a lot of anti-gay hate from individuals, churches, and hate groups. There are ultra-religious politicians who are trying to get same-sex marriage outlawed again and they work hard to prevent anti-discrimination ordinances from protecting gay people. There are still families that reject, shun, disown, and outcast gay family members, including parents rejecting their kids for being gay. Gay people are sometimes still attacked, assaulted, beaten, or even murdered just because they are gay. There was a mass shooting in a gay nightclub last year that resulted in 49 people murdered just because they were gay, and seen as an affront to the shooter's religion.

Overall, gay people have achieved a lot here in the US and things are far better than they used to be. About the only place I can think of they might have more acceptance and freedom might be Canada.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Not exactly "good".

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

You still may be made fun of but the law would be on your side if you were attacked. Most people wouldn't make fun of you unless you make it a habit of hanging around those types of people and speaking of those type, it would be much more you wouldn't like about them before they even start talking about gays so you get some heads up on just the kind of people that would and to avoid them. I am gay so you wouldn't see me going into a Country Western bar or clubbing in the hood.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

No we hate them here too. Infact I go out of my way everyday to make life miserable for gays and trannys

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

in the u.s.a. it's only good for you if you are gay. you'll be treated like an outcast if you're straight.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.