YA! Long live the 2nd!...A Well Regulated Militia should have access to guns! AND it should be enforced! But just anybody? NOT A CHANCE!?

Favorite Answer

I believe in a "Well Regulated" moral compass being the most important aspect of individual Liberty. I was taught that I am important, but other people are too. It never enters my mind to take out the frustrations of my life on people who I have never met, and had no part in whatever bothers me. A codified set of standard values, starting with the Value Relative "ME" Boomers is in very short supply.

Arm the Amish, Mennonites or your Punjabi population up there with HD infantry weapons, and they will kill no one.

This kind of thing is the result of the "do what you fee;" crowd. This, is what some people "feel" like doing, or rape, or pedophilia, or other harmful acts of lashing out, because society no longer demands personal discipline and emotional maturity. .

You missed the part about the "right of the people to keep and bear arms", Sparky.

Sorry friend, but that's not what the 2nd says.

When the 2nd Amendment talks about who should have guns, it's quite clear. "The right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The PEOPLE have the right to keep and bear arms. Not the militia. The PEOPLE.

All it says about the militia is that the militia is necessary and should be well regulated.

youre not going to stop violence by trying to regulate weapons .. europe has a mass killing every week and nobody has guns .. it would be better if MORE people were armed then when a nutjob snaps someone close by could pop his brains out for him before he does too much damage ..

Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixieland!

https://youtu.be/FDyF9n5pOqw

Youtube thumbnail

I didn't know individuals classified as militias

If democrats would stop mass shooting people everything would be great.

Now look up US code on just who the "militia" is