First, there will be no independence.
Second, it makes no logical sense for FC Barcelona to move to the EPL:
• Fiscal/Economical - Why go independent and not have those huge benefits stay in Catalonia? Many new laws or changes in laws would have to occur, and UEFA/FIFA need to acknowledge Catalonia as a country first. Which would take a long time. Players still want to get paid, but no games are being played. Well, maybe friendlies… but during league seasons? Keep paying Messi with much less income coming in. -.-’
• Logistics - Man Utd and similar clubs could travel to Barcelona to play (who pays the ticket, food, etc?). But what about the smaller clubs, especially in cups where you can get a very low division club. Barcelona paying all that? Add to the “Additional Costs” column in accounting.
• Training - Where? Do they go to some park and train alongside the school kids? -.-’
• Stadium - Share a BIG one (cause small aín’t covering the bills!!)? Or make a new stadium? Yeah… sounds expensive. Where is the money coming from? The new Catalonia country? Hmmm
• Sponsors - Do they want to be linked to a club in a situation like this? Rakuten just signed and want their name everywhere as is now. Each day we don’t see those signs at training, etc… who pays for their losses? What about all the Spanish sponsors that would cut contracts if Catalonia becomes a new country?
• I could go on and on…. but funny how people take something like this so “light”, as if playing Football Manager and clicking on the “Create New Club” feature. -.-’
…. IF anything, they could possibly play in the French League. The English League seems outright ludricous of the options people keep shouting out.