Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 3 years ago

Coin miners suck! I'm going to buy a used GPU! What should I pay for one?

Damn coin miners are just destroying the video card market! I want to upgrade a GTX 750 Ti something more modern. The only thing that's affordable is a 1050 Ti. You can have a 1050 Ti for about $140 new, and they are selling new 960's with 4GB for $220 at least! A 960 and a 1050 Ti are almost identical performance. So thinking maybe go to Ebay and make an offer on a used one. What's a good offer do you think? Also same question about a 970.

No need to worry, I got a 750W 80+ Silver PSU already.

I wouldn't trust a used GPU. I do think A.J. has a point with the GTX 1060 3GB, if you can get one with a decent rebate, they are a good value for money. Performance is somewhere between a GTX 970 and GTX 980 (non-ti) in most cases.

used GPU? risky purchase, but pay around $250 for a 1070. not too little or itll be a broken one

• Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

No one is selling a 1070 for that little, not even a used one!

ugh. i'm avoiding used gpus. for all you know, the thing was used by a coin miner and ran 24/7 for the past eight months. Now that it is starting to hiccup, he's dumping it to recover some of his cost [while he replaces it with a Vega 64].

Think I'd stick to new gpus, ty.

• Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

A GPU running 24/7 shouldn't be any worse than any other GPU, as long as it was cooled properly, and never overclocked.