want to buy land to put single wide 2bed 2bath trailer on have money to pay up front how long would it take to get everything done and would?

it cost mor than 85k Vermont companies that can build the trailer odds are low that without a loan I wont get cheatd right realtor can help me find land zoned for trailer right

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

STOP! PLEASE READ:

okay, going to try to make this simple. My hubby and I were going to do the same thing. we even had the land picked out, the home we wanted and everything. we even got preapproved for the land / home package. then reality set in. It seems up front like a better deal cost wise to do it all. buy the land and the home from the manufacturer. But there is SO MUCH MORE EXPENSE:

1. whatever land you find. Does it have the utilities already ran to the property? Does it have the driveway and culvert? is the land level or will it need clearing and leveling? What kind of foundation do you intend on using? It must be FHA complaint. City water or do you need a well dug? City sewer or will you need a septic system installed?

The manufactured home companies will not pay for ANY of the above. The leveling/foundation alone can be 10k then add another 10 k for a septic another 5 k for a well - another 3 k for driveway and culvert....then you have those hidden expenses that they NEVER tell you, like the delivery fees, set up fees...does it come with air conditioning included? usually the HVAC is separate, and they don't tell you that.

We ultimately decided to purchase a manufactured home that was already on land with the utilities and septic and everything already on site. It saved us a ton of money. WE have over an acre and an 1800 sq ft manufactured home.

Its only a suggestion, but please...do a lot of research! also, maybe look for properties for sale in the area you want to live..if u refine your search to manufactured on Trulia...yo ucan get a good idea of stuff in the area available

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

If you're looking at raw land, you need to factor in the cost of septic system, electric, well/pump, etc. Tens and tens of thousands just for that - if you can get the permits.

Yes a realtor can show you properties that are zoned in the way that you specify. That doesn't mean you can just plop a trailer down and live there.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.