Getting "FULL TIME" at job. I am scheduled 36 hrs but im afraid they send us home early i might not reach 30+, do i lose FT status legally?

i work at a place that hired me for 36 hours 4-close, but sometimes we finish work early.

the company policy is that you get benefits after 6 months of working full time.

(we checked if it was legal here in illinois, turns out it is)

that aside...

im scheduled 36 but we often get out early because we finish cleaning the workplace early and get sent home.

what if my hours drop to 29? do i lose eligibility (legally speaking in general)

or as long as they scheduled me for 36 im considered full time even if they cut my hours?

otherwise that would be an easy scam wouldnt it??? just before the worker gets to 6 months, just keep cutting their hours until they become classified as less than 30 hours...

• John

You can lose it.

You need to ask HR this question. Your FT/PT status would normally be determined by your hours worked.