Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 3 years ago

should pregnant women who smoke and drink be charged with child endangerment. what do you guys think?

pregnant women who smoke and drink should be charged with child endangerment.

what do you guys think?

• Elana
    Favorite Answer

One could argue that it is assault against a child that has yet to be born.

Of course, if the mother plans on aborting the child (and aborting is fully legal), there is no assault.

Absolutely they should be punished with assault. All the women here saying its a womans body and blah blah are bunch of immature idiots. Its not her body we're talking about, its the child's. They are so selfish that harming a baby means nothing to them. So if they birth a retarded kid and someone asked what led to it, their only response is oh well, sucks to be my kid, mommy likes her cigarettes and beer. Notice how most of them dodge the question with a different one that shifts the blame to men. Men shouldn't sleep with smokers, and men dont pay child support. Stfu, not an argument at all. They'll say anything to avoid responsibility for their actions, every bad decision she made is a mans. Whenever its a question like this, the response is its my body, my baby, I'll harm it if I want. But when she wants child support, then its the mans baby too. You want me as a taxpayer to fund your damn contraception and abortions, then I have the right to call you on your bs excuses.

No, they're women's bodies to do with however we choose. Not some Neanderthals that wants to control us.

Source(s): Woman.

After the child is born and has health problems, yes, especially if the child sues her when he/she grows up and suffers certain health problems.

Most good mothers stop but those who don't likely are addicted. They should be given help to get over their addicttion.

• Emily

Yes. I didn't when I was pregnant. I was repulsed by the smell of liquor when I was pregnant and didn't smoke. My MIL smoked heavily when pregnant with my husband. He was underweight at birth, in my opinion, from her smoking.

• James

Perhaps, those women should protect their unborn babies.....and, have them aborted. After all, in THIS country, one can murder an unborn child.....and, never face even a frown of disapproval.

• mom

Why should guys make that decision? It's just as bad to be around a man who smokes. You know, secondhand smoke. Since you don't seem to know about it, look it up. Meanwhile, he isn't the one carrying the burden of pregnancy.

Yes, and their babies should be put up for adoption.

How about those who take addictive drug and give birth to addicted babies?

Prison isn't good enough for Them.