madie asked in SportsRunning · 3 years ago

HELP!! Why does my ankle hurt!!?

I had shin splints that started about 2 weeks ago and was getting a stiff pain in my Achilles when I was running...I've stopped training because running would leave me in tears.

since then...my shin sometimes hurts when I walk but the outside of my ankle (behind the bone sticking out) hurts all the time. Mainly when I'm walking but sometimes when I'm just sitting

• JoeC
    Favorite Answer

It could be a lot of things. Most likely, since you said you had shin splints, It could be that you modified your footfalls based off of the shin pain which in turn put awkward stress on your ankle. But the only way to know for sure is to get it checked out. Until then, rest and ice it.

Relax, you probably don’t have anything to serious. You probably have plantar fasciitis. Go to the doctor to make sure, but for now soak your feet and warm water and work your foot up and down. Don’t over stretch it. This can take weeks to go away, but it will

You've probably torn your Achilles Tendon. This can cause you to have trouble moving your foot to walk or go up stairs, and it is extremely painful. I suggest you to go to a doctor to get it looked at.