Do you think Christians are supposed to adopt the Buddhist notion of "harm no one" and do not harm "any living thing."?

this of course in regards to human beings...

Ignoring animals or insects

Favorite Answer

Yes, and to apply it to other animals. At base and in their purest form, Buddhism and Christianity are practically identical, although many people would like to convince you it's not like that, notably Satan.

Buddha was not God. He was a mere sinful human being like you and me.

God is completely real. You can taste and see just as I tasted.

Iam basically from a Hindu family that worships idols. I believed that those idols were gods and bowed my head to them. It was clear that they never heard me nor answered me. I was wondering who the real God is. Through a woman of God, who comes from a similar Hindu background, I came to know that Jesus is the only true God. It is not about religion. No religion can save you from eternal destruction. Faith in Christ and accepting Him ALONE as a personal savior can save mankind.

The Triune God(Father, Spirit, Son) is the only true God - who created the Heaven and Earth. He loved mankind so much, that He sent His only son Jesus to pay the penalty for our sins on the cross.

God not only promised eternal life but also blessed me abundantly in every part of my life - Health, Finance, Career, peace, happiness etc.

There were trials and tribulations, but they made me strong and helped me get closer to God, and ultimately worked for my eternal good.

• Archer

One has not looked at the history of Christians for they have killed more and done far more harm than any other religion.

no, i believed it, mostly. until i saw a hand appear as it was crushing a bug. it was more like a holographic image and not the real spiritual hand of the Lord.

• ?

Nope we follow Jesus and have no need for a Dead Deity !!

No, Christians are not to follow the philosophies of Buddha, unless the same things are promoted and taught in God's Word. Buddhists follow the philosophy of a man, not of God.

I think Christians are required to do way more than that. We should actively do good. And even more than that, actively do good to/for those who don't like us or mistreat us.

No of course not. And you can't separate those statements from each other,

Man wasn't given the task of protecting animals from all harm, Man was given the task of having Dominion over them. Dominion doesn't mean putting them in bubble wrap and forcing all hunters to turn over their guns. It means that we need to be careful about how we manage their numbers as a species. Deer, for example, will outpopulate their habitat rather quickly if hunters didn't kill some of them from time to time. Mosquitoes and flies will distribute malaria and dengue fever and other diseases beyond hope of controlling them if we didn't practice insect controls. Dominion means take active responsibility for how they interact with us and each other, it doesn't mean that we should be completely passive managers.

Similarly, you can't allow people to run rampage over others, practicing genocide and raping and pillaging their way through cities. Christianity allows for the concept of a just war. And rigteous violence to meet hostile violence is no sin.

• 'Harm no one." This includes not giving dildos to 12 year olds.

I agree with harm no one because Jesus clearly said to turn the other cheek if you are slapped. I disagree with do not harm any living thing because we humans like to eat animals. Also look at the animal sacrifice in the Bible.