Why would God wait 4000 years to reveal himself as a Trinity?

Adam never knew it and Jews never even suspected it...

• BJ
    Favorite Answer

The Catholic religion established the Trinity, but read what their Encyclopedias says. Why do they teach it along with all other Christian religions?

The New Catholic Encyclopedia says: The doctrine of the Holy Trinity is not taught in the Old Testament.

The Blessed Trinity says: The dogma of the Blessed Trinity is a mystery It cannot be proved by reason . It cannot even be proved to be possible.

The impression could arise that the Trinitarian dogma is in the last analysis a late 4th-century invention.

In a sense, this is true.The formulation one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century. New Catholic Encyclopedia

He never revealed himself as a Trinity. No prophet and no apostle ever preached the Trinity.

• ?

God can do whatever He likes as He is God. He didn't have to reveal Himself, He did it because He loves us.

Source(s): I'm a proud and devout Christian

God is such a kidder!

• David

Well, the writer of Genesis knew it. Otherwise he wouldn't have written the creation story as he did.

• ssrvj

God started to TALK to Human Beings 10,000 years before (RIG VEDAM ) -more precisely at 05.15 hours on December-19--7000 BCE (7000 +2017=9017 + 0083=10,000)

Even though the NOMENCLATURE OF MONTHS in GREGORIAN CALENDER IS MOST UN-SCIENTIFIC and IRRATIONAL --We have NO CHOICE -but to use the "Word" =>"DECEMBER" -because the Whole World is "MADE TO BELIEVE" this Nomenclature--JULY-AUGUST-SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER-NOVEMBER-DECEMBER !!!!!!

Suppose -if I Use Most Scientific and Rational Nomenclature =>

"SHASTI SAMVATSARAANAAM MADHYE--HEVILAMBI NAAMA SAMVATSARE -

" HEMANT RITU -(WINTER) -MAARGA SEERA MAASAY ( WHEN FULL MOON WILL BE IN MRGA SHEERSHAM ORION) 15 th Dec-14 th Jan---SUKHLA PAKSHAY (WAXING MOON PHASE) -SHASTYAAM (6 TH DAY FROM NEW MOON) -KRITTHIKA NAKSHATRE ( THE DAY ON WHICH THE WAXING MOON IS IN PLEIADES)--YOGAM -KARANAM -

WILL YOU BELIEVE ME ? --YOU WILL SAY => I AM "SCREWED UP"

IF I SAY "YOGAM" => Pseudo-YOGIS will say => "IYER YOGA "

I don't believe that happended.

"Adam never knew it". How do you know? You are making an assumption which is not based upon any knowledge.

God is complex and cannot be fully understood. He stated that so emphatically in Isaiah 55. If He is manifested in "Three Persons", then He is Three Persons. And, if He says that He is One God, then He is One God. What human on earth, given the impossibility of fully understanding God, has the knowledge and authority to dictate to God how He can and cannot be manifested? There are ample passages of scripture in both the Old and New Testaments to demonstrate that God is Three Persons.

Moses wrote the first five book of the Bible (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). In those books are the evidences of the Trinity:

1. The "plurality of God": The names of God, "Elohim" ("God") and "Adonai" ("Lord"), are plural

2. God self-identifies Himself as "us": Genesis 1:26,11:6-7

3. God separately identifies the Person of the Spirit: Genesis 1:1-2, 6:3

4. God separately identifies Himself as the "Angel of the Lord" (a Person Who is Holy and worshipped as God): Genesis 16:10, 19:30, 31:10-13, Numbers 22:32-34

5. God the Father speaks of the Son ("His angel"): Exodus 23:20-21

What concepts or notions that the Jews "developed" regarding the nature of God, whether or not He is manifested in more than One Person, yet still one God, does not establish that they arrived at such conclusions correctly. In fact, many of them failed to recognize their Messiah who was described in 350 passages of scripture in the Old Testament. No excuses. Having said that, the Jews are the first and most of the early Christians and many of them died for that belief in Jesus as Lord, Savior, and their Messiah.

Besides the evidences of the Three Person nature of God in Moses' books, these particular passage in Isaiah and the Psalms should be considered:

Isaiah writes in chapter 48, starting with verse 12 (ESV), “I am he; I am the first, and I am the last”. Jesus states this also in Revelation 22:13 that He is the “first and the last”. Then, in verse 16 of Isaiah 48 (ESV), “Draw near to me, hear this: from the beginning I have not spoken in secret, from the time it came to be I have been there.” And now the Lord God has sent me, and his Spirit.”

Again, with emphasis: "And now the Lord God [the Father] has sent me [Jesus], and his Spirit [Holy Spirit]."

In a Psalm of David, 110:1, is stated, "The LORD says to my lord: 'Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.'" God is speaking to God. Indeed, the Father is speaking "sit at my right hand" to the Son.

In the New Testament:

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 28:19).

"When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: 'You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.'" (Luke 3:21-22)

Jesus IS God: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. ... The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:1-3,14)

The Holy Spirit IS God: "Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin." (Mark 3:28-29).

Three Persons. One God. The Trinity - that is, the "TRIune DiviNITY". It is not those that subscribe to the belief in God as Three Persons that are ignoring scripture.

◄ John 1:1 ►

Verse (Click for Chapter)

New International Version

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

• Donald

Gen 1:26-27 shows it.

you should study more.

ELOHIM (shows it)

thanks for asking this

I. ELOHIM occurs 2,700 times. Its first occurrence connects it with creation, and gives it its essential meaning as the Creator. It indicates His relation to mankind as His creatures (see note on 2Chronicles 18:31, where it stands in contrast with Jehovah as indicating covenant relationship). 'Elohim is God the Son, the living "WORD" with creature form to create (John 1:1. Colossians 1:15-17. Revelation 3:14); and later, with human form to redeem (John 1:14). "Begotten of His Father before all worlds; born of His mother, in the world." In this creature form He appeared to the Patriarchs, a form not temporarily assumed. 'Elohim is indicated (as in Authorized Version) by ordinary small type, "God". See table below.

< ><

Source(s): JESUS was in the GARDEN (FATHER as well). THE HOLY SPIRIT is always with both. THE TREE OF LIFE? JESUS is in the IMAGE of GOD. (guess why) John 14 shows this as well.
    • Kazoo M
      3 years agoReport

Let us make: in the ancient Near East, and sometimes in the Bible, God was imagined as presiding over an assembly of heavenly beings who deliberated and decided about matters on earth (1 Kings 22:19–22; Is 6:8; Ps 29:1–2; 82; 89:6–7; Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7).