Beginners stock market share?

I have been doing a lot of research and I would like to invest in some stocks for the first time. I am going to start with around $1200CDN first and then slowly expand. I am planning to spend all the $1200 in one or two stocks (I know about diversifying but this is a small amount and I am just learning right now).... show more I have been doing a lot of research and I would like to invest in some stocks for the first time. I am going to start with around $1200CDN first and then slowly expand. I am planning to spend all the $1200 in one or two stocks (I know about diversifying but this is a small amount and I am just learning right now). What are some good suggestions on stock to buy for long term growth over the years because that is what I am planning on doing (thinking something like WMT) and something that will perform well in an upcoming recession. And is SNAP a good stock to buy right now since it is very low? Does it have good potential? Also any thoughts on tesla, amd, KO, intel, nvidia?
1 answer 1