Ever since the party, my best friend has changed. What do I do?

We have been best friends for 3 years now. We did everything together and I felt as if I could be myself around him. (He's gay and I'm a straight girl). About 2 weeks ago, my friend was invited to a party and got super super drunk...He never drinks and is against alcohol so I was shocked. He told me he would never get that drunk again and I believed him. Since then, he's been to two other parties and got drunk yet again and made some bad choices. Now, he's spending time with new friends, people he used to find "fake" and "mean". He's been dressing trashy and swears all the time now. Whenever we talk, he's always snark, passive aggressive and doesn't engage with me anymore. I asked him if he was okay but he got angry with me and ignored me the rest of the day. It's like he's a different person. I want my friend back, what should I do?

• mmm
    Favorite Answer

sweety - I am so so so sorry you are going through this - but I need to tell you something and you're not going to like it

he found out that he can be a part of the popular crowd and you are not in it

it may settle down and he may come back around = and realize what a jerk he is being to you or he may leave you high and dry forever

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person. When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.

nothing. in time he will come back when he realizes who his true friends are. You can't force someone to be your friend. All you can do is support him when it all falls apart. Don't let him be mean to you and try not to judge his choices. He will figure out whatever it is that he is going through right now eventually!

Not much you can do except wait.

Most people have very few friendships - if any - that last their whole lifetime. Most friendships die natural deaths at some point in time. People grow up and grow apart.