Is this a scam?

Received a call from an unknown number advising they had a summons to serve me. He provided my address, name and last four of social. I told him I was at work and not at home. He then provided me with a case number and local phone number to call to get more information and hung up. I called the number and it had a... show more Received a call from an unknown number advising they had a summons to serve me. He provided my address, name and last four of social. I told him I was at work and not at home. He then provided me with a case number and local phone number to call to get more information and hung up.

I called the number and it had a busy signal, called back another busy signal and the third time it rang. The company is called Safeway Recovery Group, spoke to Samuel Green who advised that I was being sued for $3.991 for a debt from US Bank for over draft fees. The last time I had US Bank was over 10 years ago and I do not recall having this in my credit report and is not currently on my credit report. Mr. Green advised that they had sent me two letters to my home address in an attempt to collect the debt (I received nothing). Then proceeds to tell me that he is a mediator hired to see if he can either 1.) Get me to counter offer their original counter offer of $2,000 to settle without proceeding to court or 2.) To have me arrange a time and place to pick up the summons. He began to get irate with me because I advised that I did not have any money to send him this very second and he hung up on me.
Update: I called the number back and spoke to Richard Murphy, I demanded to see written proof that I owed this debt. He provided me with a template letter that via DocuSign with the creditor name; account number; balance due; and reference number with an 888-596-6381 toll free number. His title was administrative... show more I called the number back and spoke to Richard Murphy, I demanded to see written proof that I owed this debt. He provided me with a template letter that via DocuSign with the creditor name; account number; balance due; and reference number with an 888-596-6381 toll free number. His title was administrative assistant. I asked what county this was filed in and he said, "whatever county you live in". I looked up my name in the civil lawsuits and found nothing.
Update 2: He said, by law they are not allowed to have anything come up if I have not been served. He basically wanted me to counter offer the $2,000 to see if the company would be willing to accept my offer. I told them, how could the bill be so high? He said with attorney and court fees that it was tacked on. Today, I... show more He said, by law they are not allowed to have anything come up if I have not been served. He basically wanted me to counter offer the $2,000 to see if the company would be willing to accept my offer. I told them, how could the bill be so high? He said with attorney and court fees that it was tacked on. Today, I receive a voicemail from a guy Sean Cauff regarding the account. I looked up the company name/phone numbers and found nothing.
Update 3: Also, I told them that this there are statute of limitations and he said that this does not apply because it is with a bank. And they all speak really good English and sound speak with authority.