Would a white/Asian girl getting box braids be offensive to black people?

I've been considering getting box braids simply to make managing my hair easier, but I've seen a lot of people talking about cultural appropriation on Twitter and I'm wondering if this would upset people. I can't manage my hair as it is- I either have to tie it in two plats (which makes me look like... show more I've been considering getting box braids simply to make managing my hair easier, but I've seen a lot of people talking about cultural appropriation on Twitter and I'm wondering if this would upset people. I can't manage my hair as it is- I either have to tie it in two plats (which makes me look like a child) or put it up in a tight bun and drown it in hair gel. Straightening my own hair doesn't really work as it's too thick/frizzy, and I have to do it every day or two just to keep it looking normal enough. I've recently gotten it chemically straightened, but unfortunately I've realised that the products that were used were not cruelty free despite being free of animal products. This is really all I have left to fix my hair problem and make it easier to style and manage. So if you're black, would this offend you? Thanks!