What is the legal age to move back to home country?


Basically i'm going to be turning 16 soon and I currently live in the united states with my mom as i'm american born. However I'm also canadian and lived in canada for a good 8 years. I was wondering if I could move back, my dad lives in canada and he has no problem with me living with him, but my mom disagrees and doesn't want me to move back. My parents aren't divorced or anything. I just feel better in Canada as 75% of my friends live there.Since im canadian they have to let me in regardless?

4 Answers

  • 3 years ago

    18 (without parents or parental consent) - ie when you're an adult

  • zafir
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

    At 16 you need your mother's permission to move back to Canada, and she has the right to say no. When you are 18 you can do whatever you like, as a dual citizen you have the right to live in either country.

  • 3 years ago

    18 years

  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

    I don't know

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.