Bill asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 years ago

How to deal with being “skinny fat”?

My whole life I’ve always been extremely thin. In the last three years I’ve gone from being skinny all around to being skinny everywhere else except my stomach and chest.

I’m guessing it’s because of lack of exercise (haven’t done anything last three years) and poor diet. I literally have the grossest body possible skinny with a belly.

What’s the best way to approach this I am very ready and dedicated to start working out and get the body I want. Some say bulk now and shred later. But no, my main priority is getting rid of the belly fat before my arms and other body parts transform

But I don’t want to eat too little because if my arms gets any skinnier I’ll look sick.

So basically how should my diet and workouts look like to lose my belly fat but also gain muscle.

I’m scared too much cardio will eat away at my already tiny muscles, and eating more to bulk will just go straight to my stomach

Favorite Answer

You need to adopt permanent diet that promotes fat burning and satiates. This is the LCHF primal diet. You do not count calories, feel deprived or like you are on a diet, and eat delicious satiating foods daily. You also do not need to kill yourself with worthless cardio which doesn't create abs or blast fat which is why most cardio junkies remain obese unless they starve.

On primal lchf, you cut out the grains, sugars, and tons of carbs which are what makes one fat. You up the healthy fats with proteins which keep you full and help promote fat burning. You have some greens and non-starchy veggies on the side for further nutrients. You can have low sugar fruit like berries in moderation. Dark chocolate like over 70% with least amount of sugar and low carb desserts as sensible indulgence every now and then, you can even enjoy some wine now and then.

If you want to accelerate results you can also intermittent fast some days. Don't worry about it being unsafe. Its healthy and humans actually evolved to do so and we benefit from it. What is not healthy or natural is eating 3 times a day with huge meals and 2-3 snacks on top of that, lots of sugar, lots of grains, refined foods... these fatten people up.

Remember that weight loss and maintenance are more than 80% based on diet alone, abs are literally made in the kitchen first, so get this down well for optimal results.

For exercise, you walking daily up to 5 miles at a steady pace is more than enough "cardio" Its good for your heart and not tough on it or your joints. its not stressful and it will not provoke hunger like heavy overrated cardio will. You can do this with your wife or gf, friends, male sibling, with a pet dog if you have one. If you listen to music and are in a good mood it'll be over in no time and you'll come to look forward to your time doing this daily.

What you need to focus on after diet is building lean healthy muscle. This will have you burning more fat even when you are just sitting around or sleeping as muscle eats fat. Diet + this will give you the abs and hard body that you've always wanted. Work on lifting weights and/or bodyweight training. Just 1-3 sessions a week and start off slow. Either join a gym if you want to lift or if you prefer bodyweight over weights get mark laurens dvds and books and learn to turn your own body into your own gym. You can do those in your bedroom or living room with minimal and affordable equipment.

Read marks daily apples free article how to succeed with the primal blueprint. it has everything that you need to get started. His site in general is a great resource. Check out diet doctor and authority nutrition too.

Good luck!

Your Muscles are not going to go anywhere cause muscle is protein based and protein doesn't contain fat, lets face it theres alot of big guys who can lift weights but that doesn't make them in anyway stronger then a smaller skinnier guy cause protein and strength are not completely made up by being bulky, look at Bruce lee for example he had no body fat but yes his body was in proportion and very muscular from the protein and diet he had and exercise methods and even he wasn't a huge weight lifter yet his body was far more lean and muscular, so just cut out junk and fat filled foods and get a good diet rich of protein and carbs, then maybe start swimming or get a rowing machine as both of these exercises will build tone to all the body and burn off weight at the same time then if you wanna do something more extreme go for it, that's just my opinion however

You are over-complicating things so much.

For Pete's sake, if you're skinny-fat, you just need to do cardio to burn fat and pilates to tone up. It's that simple. Eat 3 meals and 1 or 2 snacks per day.

• anonymous
      2 years agoReport

also humans didn't evolve to eat three meals and on top of that snacks a day. your horrible advice will lead to more flab and fat.

By eating more and working out your cardio to get a nifty dad bod.