I was put on the spot and now I feel dumb. How do I get over this!?

Ok so this guy who I used to buy coffee from at who I thought liked me because he would always strike up conversation with me and ask me personal questions about my life completely DISSED ME. One Friday night he asked me if I had plans that night and whether I drinked. It was caught off guard by the question. I said I had nothing too exciting planned and that I’d have a glass of wine but wasn’t really into getting drunk. He then laughed and said ‘curl up with a glass of wine.’ After that he got a really serious look on his face, looked at me intensely, and me being the socially awkward IDIOT that I am, smiled at him. Guess what? He had a gf! Kill me.

We ran into each other again after that boy did he have a point to make. He was sitting with his friend and they were both laughing. I looked at him thinking he would say hi to me and he just sat there laughing like ‘b$&$& I don’t give a eff if u don’t get drunk I ain’t into you.’’

According to social media he had a gf the entire time. Why would he ask me these questions? I’m usually by myself so he probably thought I was a loser. I’m really heartbroken cuz I liked him.

This is really bothering me and I feel stupid. I tried coming out of my shell and look what happens to me. I need advice because this whole situation is affecting my wellbeing.

Favorite Answer

Why are you wasting your time and tears on such a jerk? A decent guy would not have made fun of you that way. So good to know he's not worth your time so you can focus your attention on someone who is worth it.

Of course it sucks to be embarrassed, but it's not the end of the world. It happens and is nothing to beat yourself up over. You made a mistake. You mistook his casual conversation as something more. Also that happens and although unpleasant, again nothing to beat yourself up about. Rejection is part of life and if you use it as an excuse to be sad or tell yourself you're worthless life quickly will get depressing. So don't go there. See this guy for what he is and move on.

You move on by picking yourself up and reminding yourself you're a great person, even if this stupid guy couldn't see that. It's his loss not yours because you're no less valuable just because he chose to make fun of you. Besides the only type of person who do that is the type who's insecure. They just use this type of meanness to hide behind. You're not like that or would want to be like that, right?

So just be your awesome self and continue to come out of your shell because it feels right to do. It's a great way to meet better people than this guy. Go find them, maybe not in a coffee shop or similar, but maybe at events that have your interest/passion. Great way to meet like minded people so give it a shot. Go celebrate life and you'll quickly have forgotten this jerk. Leave him in the past and focus on making the future better.

sometimes