I was born in Quebec, Canada. My mom is Mexican and my dad is El Salvadorian. What would my race, nationality and ethnicity be? I m confused?

Favorite Answer

Your nationality is probably Canadian. What does it say on your passport?

Race doesn't really exist. It's a made-up 18th century concept based on superficial appearances.

Your ethnicity is whichever cultural group you identify with, and whose customs and traditions you follow.

Well, Basically you're a Canadian of Latino/Hispanic origin, Different from Asian and European/White Canadians, in the same Manner Mexican and Argentine Americans differ from the rest of American Citizens of another Ethnicities and Ancestries, for Example...............................

Race - Human (if you mean ancestry, none of us can tell you because we don't know)

Nationality - Canadian unless you have dual citizenship

Ethnicity - Latino, not sure which culture you're more connected with though if at all

• ?

Race? who knows, as all Central American countries have a mix of races covering the spectrum.

Nationality? probably Canadian.

Ethnicity? Depends on the degree of assimilation of your parents in their respective countries of origin.

I think you should concentrate on being Canadian, unless you want to be something else.

If you do, move there, and be.

Your race is Hispanic.

Your nationality would be Canadian.

Your ethnicity would be Latina.

• Chris
      2 years agoReport

Latina is located in modern Italy, they are the people who built Rome. They had little to do with the colonization of the Americas.

• Marla

RACE would be depending on the color of your skin. You could be white if both your Mexican mother and Salvadorian father are white. You could be black. Most likely, however, if you are not white-skinned and blue-eyed, you are Mestizo, which means a mix of white, indian and even black.

NATIONALITY is Canadian.

ETHNICITY is more vague. You could be as simple as call yourself Hispanic, to as detailed as Mexican-Salvadorian.

• xchtlndr2 years agoReport

My dad is quite brown, my mom is fairer. Not white but tanned like. I got her color. My sister got my dads skin. People say I'm tanned.

thanks to everyone who answered and helped. I appreciate it. For those who commented negatively, may you find peace.

Nationality is whatever country or countries you have citizenship in.

Your race would depend. Most Mexicans and Salvadorans are either Native American or mestizo. Mestizos are people who are a mix of Native American and white. However, a considerable proportion of both nationalities are just white.

As for your ethnicity, you could just say half Mexican and half El Salvadoran. When people ask that question, they typically just mean what your heritage is, so something like "white" or "black" are not ethnicities because they are not specific enough.

Hope I helped.

• Alex

Hope I helped.

You are probably a mix of Native American and European