?
Lv 7
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 years ago

Is it becoming more obvious that Trump is not a billionaire, is actually broke and is being propped up by Putin?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

We've long known that Trump isn't a billionaire. His assessment of himself as a billionaire involved including companies that he owns not just his own personal wealth, as well as counting their gross income and not their profits. A pretty thorough review about a decade ago assessed that Trump was worth about a hundred and fifty million dollars. Trump sued over that but lost. We also know, from comments by Donald Trump jr., that Russians make up a disproportionate amount of their investors, although it's not clear how much.

My suspicion has long been that Donald Trump is very cash poor. One piece of evidence is a comet made by Mark Cuban who pointed out that the kind of Licensing deals that Trump was doing, for things like neckties or liquor, are really penny-ante for a suppose a billionaire. He suspected that Trump was actually much less wealthy than he claimed to be. Another piece of evidence comes from early in 2016. Remember that at one point Trump skipped a primary debate because he was feuding with Fox News which was hosting it. Instead, he held a fundraiser for veterans Charities. At the fundraiser, he said he had donated $1000000 to charity. Subsequent investigation by The Washington Post revealed that Trump had not donated any money to Veterans Charities yet. Trump exploded in Anger. My guess is that a million dollars was actually a good amount of money for him. Another piece of evidence is the Revelation last year that Trump had liquidated all of his stocks in the summer of 2016. It making this announcement, they said that it was done out of a concern for conflict of interest. This makes no sense, however, since Trump expresses no concern over other conflicts of Interest. There is another theory, however. Trump had loaned his campaign tens of millions of dollars. In the summer of 2016, with the primary behind him, Trump was looking to transition to the general election, which would require significantly more fundraising. It's suspected that big money Republican donors would have been reluctant to donate to Trump if they felt that their donations were going into his pocket rather than for the campaign. Trump needed to turn the loans that he had made into donations. Coincidentally, the liquidated stocks reportedly amounted to about the same dollar value as his donations. I think that Trump just could not sustained writing off tens of millions of dollars.

• 3 years ago

If he is not a billionaire then that is good isn't it?

It means he is one of us poor people and does not favour the rich?

I hear a lot of conflicting stuff from the left. Some say he is stinking rich and some say he is dead poor. Some admit he is rich but say that he did not make the money himself. However, others say he keeps going bankrupt which must mean he has built himself up in between. No?

Some say he is so poor he can afford to waive his $400,000 annual salary for being POTUS.

Other say that he has no money, it is just what he owns that makes him rich. Never understood that one.

I think I will wait for all the lefty stories to agree before rushing to judgement. Basically, it bothers them and they don't know what to do or think about it. The ones in power know, of course. If he is independently wealthy then it means that he cannot be bought like most other politicians. Some politicians are poor before getting into office then leave with much more money than they earned during their period in office.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Trump himself, has NEVER been a billionaire, rather his holdings, credited to him, make his net worth in the billionaire status. Just like Warren Buffet is not actually a billionaire-rather his holdings and all the corporations he holds, give him that status.

• 3 years ago

I think that he's not NEARLY as rich as he says he is. There's a REASON why he won't release his tax returns, and I suspect that it's because he's a millionaire - not a billionaire. He's lived his life under a massive load of debt. Half of the buildings that bear the name "Trump" don't even belong to him. He'll slap his name on any piece of crap, as long as the residual payments keep coming in.

But Trump has always been a huge fraud, just ask some of his subcontractors who didn't get paid for their services. He's wasted millions of taxpayer dollars in court costs when he's been suing/defending. He has more courtroom time than most lawyers.

The Fraudster-in-Chief will keep shopping himself around, until the "Trump" name has collapsed. It won't matter if it's Russians, Chinese, or Filipino dictators. Someday, people will start refusing to deal with this man. It's actually already started, did you hear about the Panamanian hotel owners that tried to kick out the Trump employees?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Right , Trump is broke but throwing away his 400k salary to fool you . Makes perfect sense .

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Apparently he knows his tax returns are more damaging than lying about their release.

Despite Congress overwhelmingly signing off on Russia/Putin sanctions for meddling in the election, dt refuses to enforce them.

• 3 years ago

I'm sure that is the reason he won't release his tax returns!

He is so sensitive about his wealth - he gets so paranoid if anyone says he's worth less than billions. People that are that paranoid are because they know people will find out the truth - that they really aren't worth what they claim!

• Katz22
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Perhaps, Trump does have a lot of debt and owes Wall Street.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

You have quite an imagination.

• 3 years ago

LMAO,,,,he has really got you fooled like a good little puppy dog.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.