Does lord of the rings movies have spoilers for the hobbit movies because I plan on watching lord of the rings first?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

To be honest, The Hobbit movies are really only for people who loved the Lord of the Rings movies. They're more fan service, but it's still relatively well made. If you learn the history of the Hobbit movies, there were production complications. Still, they're enjoyable, at least for Lord of the Rings fans. Lord of the Rings is the real trilogy, Hobbit is a prequel that's meant to be a prequel, not a story of it's own. Lord of the Rings can stand alone.

• 3 years ago

No.

• 3 years ago

No

• Jamie
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

No

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Not really. However if you do want story continuity you should watch The Hobbit first.

• 3 years ago

The hobbit films were filmed after the Lord of rings triology so you're likely better of watching the Lord of the rings triology movies first but, be aware the movies are long .even though I haven't seen the return of the king and let me remind you that these films contain a decent amount of violence

• 3 years ago

No not really.

It's better to watch the lord of the rings movies first.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

there are some hints of story plots that take place in the hobbit movies. but i believe it doesn't affect the whole viewing experience.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.