How do you understand the verse in the bible where a tree was thrown into bitter waters and made it sweet?

To me the verse means that by following the laws of the 12 tribes of Israel - God will remove bitterness from your life.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The bitter waters of Mara, were poisonous. But a tree near them thrived and was very much alive. This makes a correlation to the Tree of Life of Genesis, in the midst of the Garden of Eden. It is also a fore-shadow of the cross of Christ, making the bitterness and hardships of life endurable, and ultimately a blessing. It is through the Cross of Christ that the bitter, poisonous waters of Mara become the waters of life, rather than death. Be aware that the Mosaic and Levitical Law were not given to he 12 Tribes until later, when Moses brought them down from Mt. Sinai.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

This was a literal pool of water that had become alkali and was not fit to be drunk because of its Alkali content Moses through an oak tree into the water the tannic acid neutralized the sodium hydroxide making the water drinkable!

• gw
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

It could have been anything. God made it sweet, not the branch. They did what God commanded, so it worked.

• 😌
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

I take it as God will give more than what you ask for as long as you stick by his side. Not only was water given to the Israelites but it was sweet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Nobody cares what any verse mean to you.

• 2 years ago

Sounds good to me

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

mad crazy made up stories, thats how anybody with a brain understands them fairytales

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.