Agree to Disagree..Gerrymandering needs to end, the electoral college needs to go away, voter suppression by any means?

needs to become a crime, states with 30M people need more representation than N and S Dakota with a total population of 1.6M.....USA should really consider becoming a Democracy....I think that they would like it.

But what do you think? And saying.."democrats do it too!" isn't an answer....

Attachment image

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd say every part of the USA is broken and needs fixing, it's hopelessly corrupt and wrong in every way. It should be a peaceful, prosperous land of freedom and happiness, but it's a land of crime, homeless people, more people in jail than anywhere else in the world, more drug use, more prostitution, more shootings, it's just a mess, and there was never a time when it was good, it's gotten better, which just goes to show you, people have been fed a load of propaganda bull about their country, they automatically think it must be good if it's in the constitution, because we were told as kids that's the bible of America. You've all been thoroughly brainwashed, lied to and scammed by the rich elite, who are drug dealing, thieving, lying murdering war criminals, among the worst in the world. Please wake up, I say the same to people in cults or religions.

• Darth Beaver
      Lv 4
      2 years agoReport

I thank you for this concise, accurate and timely answer....you NAILED it!.....Well Done!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 years ago

You have the right idea, but California already has more "representation" than the Dakotas, same with the other populous states. Yes we need to end gerrymandering and the electoral college and the filibuster and secret Senate hold to get our Democratic Republic working again.

• 2 years ago

Gerrymandering needs to end, and voter suppression should be a crime. However, I don't think the electoral college needs to go away, it just needs to be tweaked a bit to allow more true representations of states with mixed voters to be represented. Complete democracy means that smaller population areas would NEVER have an equal voice in matters, and that does not seem fair.

• What of we made fewer states by merging the small ones until they equaled the bigger ones?

They'd save administration costs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

What you are suggesting would mean the end of the United STATES as we know. Take a look at the most recent of the Electoral vote and see who would be dominating the country. https://www.270towin.com/maps/2016-election-state-...

• 2 years ago

No five times, simple!!!

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Agree

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Conservatism has become an existential threat to American values and world stability. We are very near to a boiling point. You can only oppress people and take away their free will for so long before they fight back.

• 2 years ago

disagree. compromises are the essence of politics in our republic. i have zero interest in anything more akin to direct democracy with its majority oppressing the minorities

• 2 years ago

Sounds good to me.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

TOTAL AGREEMENT

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.