Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

Hebrew 2:11 who is the one sanctifying and who are those sanctified? who is the one that they stem from?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • BJ
    Lv 7
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

At Psalm 22:22, we find this prophetic statement concerning Jehovah’s Chief Praiser: “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the middle of the congregation I shall praise you.”

And at Hebrews 2:11, 12, the apostle Paul applies these verses to Jesus and to those whom Jehovah God has sanctified for heavenly glory.

Like him, they are not ashamed to praise Jehovah’s name in the middle of the congregation.

Psalm 22:27 points to the time when all the families of the nations will join Jehovah’s people in praising him. Today, a vast, international crowd worships God along with Jesus’ brothers. Revelation 7:9

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 years ago

"Him" and "He" in the previous verse refer to Jesus. Only God can sanctify people, and believers are those "people."

• 2 years ago

The letter is directed toward a particular audience: Hebrews

that is: Jewish people

but specifically Jewish people who had converted to Christianity.

So: one possibility is that "he who sanctifies" refers to a Jewish priest or rabbi

and "those who are sanctified" are the recipients of the priest's or rabbi's sanctification.

However it seems to me

based on v 17 of the same chapter

that "he who sanctifies" refers to Jesus

"...to make propitiation for the sins of the people"

supported by 3:1

"Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the Apostle and High Priest of our confession..."

SO: it seems clear to me that "he who sanctifies" in v 11 refers to Jesus.

The verse is clear in identifying who the aforementioned people are "from": namely, the Father.

• 2 years ago

Yeshua the Christ Is the one who Sanctified us, and we who are in Christ are the ones sanctified (Christians) We stemmed from Yeshua the Christ. He is the tree we are His branches...

Source(s): John 15:5
    • Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

He is the butthole, and you are the turd squeezed out....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

It's the BuyBull. It approves of slavery and tells you it's OK to beat your slaves almost to death.

Throw that filthy goddam cult book on the fire, and do your life some good!

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

(Spirit of Truth)

Source(s): Advocate.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Jesus and those who have been baptized by the Holy Spirit.

I Corinthians 12:13 "For by ONE SPIRIT are we all baptized into ONE BODY..."

• 2 years ago

Heb 2:11  For both He who sanctifies and they who are sanctified are all of One, for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brothers, 

One. i.e. God.

brethren. The Lord’s condescension does not justify the irreverence of calling Him our "elder Brother".

Source(s): EW Bullinger
  • Alan H
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Jesus...and those who acknowledge Him as Lord

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.