Which old-school appliance do you still own and use?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1920s sewing machine.

• Robert
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Open reel valve/tube tape recorder a decade ago.

• 3 years ago

A Nokia mobile phone from 2006

• 3 years ago

VHS recorder and player, 8-track and cassette tape player. Grass clippers shaped like scissors. Steel scythe for mowing the tall weeds (quieter than a power mower). 1950s era lawn sprinklers (waterfall, oscillating, whirling). Electric Belgian waffle iron (no longer use the cast-iron one on the stove, but could). Wood-fired boiler for heating the house. Dial telephone (wall phone and candle-stick phone). Planning to get my turntable repaired to play my LP collection. Coleman gasoline-powered lantern in the woodshed. Several kerosene lamps. Hand-pump for backup water supply from the well. CB radio. AM/FM stereo receiver with large Advents (1975). Analog TV with knobs and no remote-control of any kind. Two-part, screw-together espresso boiler. Mercury-filled wall barometer (1870s). Wind-up clocks (several from US Civil War era). Spring-powered mousetraps. Twist-powered doorbell. Pressurized water fire extinguishers from 1980s. Still camera. Flip phone. Electric typewriter (rarely used).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

cassette Walkman

• 3 years ago

I bought my electric mixer in 1978. Still works fine.

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

You say old school and answers are from the last 20 years, interesting. My table saw is from the 1940's, I still use many hand tools from that time period. I also have VCR's, a landline, a clock radio/alarm,

• Rana
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

What are you never too old for? 90 answers. Poll/survey: have you still got a landline phone? 45 answers. Have you ever been to Denmark? 39 answers. More questions. Why do some people claim the Christian God is amazing, awesome, magnificent, outstanding, unique, delightful, and downright ...

• 3 years ago

Hand-winding wrist watch.

Manual geared car.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Oven

• 3 years ago

A Ready Reckoner.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.