bdwickens23 asked in SportsHockey · 2 years ago

Will the team Canada roster be updated now that Anaheim and LA are out of the playoffs?

I m wondering if Corey Perry, Getzlaf, and Drew Doughty will accept an invitation to play for team Canada in the world hockey championship this year? Or is too late to add more players? Anyways, it would pretty sweet to see then there. Team Canada is stacked this year. Lol

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

They will typically not finalize the World Championships roster until the last minute so theoretically Perry, Doughty and Getzlaf could play (assuming they want to and that they're not injured). They could always leave a spot open in case of any early 2nd round exits; at least one nation seems to do this (cough, cough, Russia, cough, cough).

• JuanB
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Most of the team is announced. And the main glaring holes are goal tending. Yeah, they could add someone like that. But they have 8 knocked out teams to choose from, not just those 2.

Countries add players in the middle of the tournament. Like when the Capitals are knocked out second round, Ovi usually jumps on the next jet. But Canada philosophy had been more let the team practice and gel and not have interruptions of stars added in late in the process. The have eased up on this a bit in last few years.

Also, hard to know how older players feel about it in a post Olympic year that they lost out on. In past Olympic years it was easy to get players to opt in the year before Olympics (show commitment) and hardest to get players to sign after the Olympics (burn out)

• Bob
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

I don't know if it will be or not,it's possible but to me not likely.

• 2 years ago

IDK

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.