Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 years ago

How did I gain 5 pounds in just one day?

This morning I ate a pancake and an omelet. I didn't eat lunch. In the afternoon, I ate a large plate of salad as well as a bowl of pineapples and grapefruit. Somehow I gained 5 pounds.

• .
    Favorite Answer

You didn't gain 5 lbs of fat, so no worries. Water weight can fluctuate up to 5 lbs from day to day, not to mention right after you eat you are heavier by the actual physical weight of the food you consumed (until it's all broken down and passed through your system). If you consume a lot of salt or processed foods (high in sodium) that can make your body retain excess fluid, so you'll weigh more until that fluid is gone. Also, if you haven't used the toilet (to void or have a bowel movement) the waste in your body has weight, which adds to your total weight.

The best time to weigh is every day right after you wake up, after you've used the toilet, before you bathe/shower, and while you are naked (so no clothing is affecting the number on the scales). That will be your lowest weight of the day, and the best way to more accurately track increases and decreases in your weight (if you weigh at about the same time daily, under about the same conditions).

• MELONS

water

Go to toilet

Everyone is heavier at the end of the day than in the morning.

Check your scales and empty your pockets. That is impossible.

• Chris
      2 years agoReport

http://thefitnessfocus.com/health-nutrition/normal-body-weight-fluctuations-explained

This happens to me occasionally. The extra weight usually goes away the next day.

• Drone

Usually people eat lot bananas to add instant weight..

Did you drink a lot of water? Are you on any medications or have any conditions where you might retain water? I find that I gain 5 lbs at the beginning of my period from bloating, then lose it again as soon as my period ends.