How much is my job role salary worth? Business Assistant.?

I just got offered a job from a small private start-up company that builds businesses. They do several million in sales so it isn't too small. I recently graduated from the University of Florida with a bachelors degree in business administration. I am a 21 year old male.

They told me to come back to them with a number... of how much I want to be paid. Basically I will be a project manager business assistant. I will be doing accounting work with intuit quickbooks logging in sales and expenses ect. I will also be doing market research, web development, and marketing. Really, I am doing every business operation. Kind of like a COO.

I'm not sure what this position is called so I don't know what rates go for ( In Connecticut). My question is what should I offer? I know my age and experience is effecting my salary price. I don't have any professional experience with this but they know I am entrepreneurial minded. I started up a small business and they see the skills I can offer.

• Jay

Starting salary right out of college with no previous job experience - $20 per hour

$38k

Ask for $60k a year...when they stop laughing...try $50k....then settle for the $35k they were actually willing to pay you for this.

Entry level job in a startup...ask for profit sharing if they come in too low...

Starting ? $40K a year plus benefits...$50K if you are offered no benefits.

For how you explain it, it sounds reasonable enough to ask for $60,000 per year. As things are for most businesses, they get to pay a 80 hour work week where it comes out as only $3 per hour. A WHOLE LOT OF ABUSE in business, and that is proven.

So yeah, start with the $60k, and don't let them weasel you too far down from that.

go to Salary.com and figure it out.