Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

When the N.Carolina Teachers go on strike for weeks and months and none of the students graduate, how will that make a difference to?

companies hiring in N.C. ... IT'S North Carolina not California for god's sake!

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i recently met an executive who works at the BMW plant in Greenville, SC.

he told me that he and the other executives realize NOW what a horrible mistake they made when they built their plant in the southern USA.

while labor IS cheaper (which initially brought them to the area), coming from Germany they had NO clue exactly how stupid and lazy southern workers are.

absenteeism runs close to 20% on any given day, forcing them to hire more people and spending incredible amounts of money on training to ensure they can run their assembly lines. "if the weather is nice, these people just don't show up. they all go fishing or hunting" is what he told me.

turnover is also a problem. if they do sub-standard work and their supervisor tells them about it, they quit rather than make an effort to do their jobs correctly.

he said if they had it to do over again, they would have built their factory in Ohio, Pennsylvania, or even Michigan. labor costs would have been greater, but they would have gotten RELIABLE, hard-working, more productive personnel with the intellectual capacity to learn to read simple blueprints.

• 3 years ago

Put snow cover in the photo, and it is Detroit. And maybe a dead body from a drive by at the curb, just for "ambiance". Well, a different dead body every other week for the sake of situational reality .

Detroit teachers are not on Strike, but they are not really teaching either. Or, nobody is learning at the very least. Equally unemployable.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

I think if they have to be teachers, raise the children, be baby sitter and military for the children, they should get more pay.

• 3 years ago

N.Carolina public school teachers going on strike for weeks and months is no different than California public school teachers going on strike.

Both prove teachers unions and the democrats that support them are more interested in teacher pay than student achievement.

Now Beaver,,,, those receiving welfare in red states or blue states are democrats.

Unless you actually believe people on welfare are going to support Republicans that want to cut their welfare.

House Republicans Pass Deep Cuts in Food Stamps

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/us/politics/hous...

Republicans plan massive cuts to programs for the poor

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/14/republica...

(But I see you get your news from Facebook like a good liberal.)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

We need to be using private education anyways. Those teachers are spoiled and it is causing serious problems. They are almost impossible to fire, so the teachers with MANY complaints against then just get passed around schools.

But what you are talking about is not irony. I know they don't teach people what irony means in Canada, but that's not it. That county also does not have the highest usage of SNAP. They MIGHT have the highest percentage of people who use SNAP.

Rural location tend to be more poor than urban areas for the same reason that merchants make more money than farmers.

And this is only irony, if you believe that IGNORANT LEFTIST mantra that only minorities are poor because the US is inherently racist.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Not sure what's up with that meme. I know you and other lefties has posted it before.

The population of the entire county is 4,000. Are you trying to reach some sort of conclusion based on that, because we can do the same using some inner cities (with far more people), still living in poverty, while voting in lib after lib.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

North Carolina is but one of the many states that think Teachers don't deserve fair pay, Arizona is another. People is theses low class states always want to infuse religion in classrooms instead of fair and equatable salaries.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.