Is it a good idea to reveal my old DeviantArt account?

So, I actually got a emailed note from somebody who found my old account from over 3 years ago. They recognized the drawing style between that and my new account and wanted to know if it was me.

The thing is my old account contained a lot of embarrassing fetish art and weird requests. And thing is if I do respond, I really don't want to have to deal with several more people down the line, to start asking for work that I really don't like to do anymore.

As an artist, my tastes and feelings have changed a lot since then. I wanted to move on. And I don't want to be defined by the work I did years ago.

I know it sounds kinda stupid and ridiculous, but is it best if I just come clean and explain this person why I left in the first place?

Or is it best to consider this a can of worms left unopened and say its probably a coincidence?

Why respond to them at all? Or you can just go take down the old account.

if you want to reveal it reveal it but just be honest with the person and explain why you would prefer to keep your old account on the down low

• ?

There are two directions you could go. You could reveal that it was you, or you could evade the question either by lying, or by misdirecting.

I know that doesn't help, but there are many valid truths that could take you either direction. At their basic level, these are the core reasons why you should choose either one:

1) Never be ashamed of who you were. Like it or not, your past made your present and the entirety of life is full of changes and learning experiences.

2) You don't owe anybody an explanation for anything if it makes you uncomfortable, especially if you have nothing to gain by admission.

As an aside, if this person is legitimately paying attention to your old account of odd fetishes that no longer interest you, that's not a positive sign. Take that how you may. Even in the best-case scenario, where that person was wishing to hire you for something, odds are it has to do with your old work, which you've already mentioned does not interest you.

Yes