As a Christian do you consider yourself to be a religious person or not?

Obviously you don't need to b religious to believe in God.

Thanks your answers I got a lot of good answers and few unnecessary ones

This question was simply out of curiosity

Favorite Answer

I'm not a christian, but yes. I was brought up Jewish in a very christian environment so I've been shaped by both. In a sense I'm a religious atheist...doesnt make sense until i explain it. I don't have a deep faith in the traditional Judeo-christian god. However, I do believe in a spirit created by man and I also believe in the good created by these religions.

Now, I see a lot of good in religion, both organized and free spirited. Atheists like to just point out the bad things done in the name of religion while ignoring the vast good. They live in a world where murder is considered wrong, not realizing that this was a unique concept created by religion. The weekend with it's rest from work...religion.

Before religion, you worked for the master run-up to sundown until you died. The Sabbath was created to protect the people and force a day of rest, backed by the power of god. No master could force the people to break the command of god.

I could go on but religion has done a lot of good and most of the bad thing 'caused by Judeo-christian religion' weren't caused by the religion but by people. They conflate, for example, Christians doing bad things with Christianity.

• Fly G

I don't.

That's because religion is generally defined as a series of rituals.

These rituals can be done without any sincerity, reverence or even understanding.

They can also be made up completely by man.

Christianity is a relationship.

To maintain this relationship, we need to keep reading God's teaching, pray to Him, and do the things He wants us to do-- regularly.

We should do all this daily. Yet God doesn't lay out strict requirements for us. We are just to love Him and obey Him. In knowing who He is and how He enhances us, we love reading scripture, prayer, and acting on it. We are fulfilled in it. If we stop, our spirit fades from lack of connection. Our faith can waver due to not charging it up and reminding ourselves God powers us, not just our muscles.

I do one or all of these things daily 90% of the time. You could say I like practicing my faith. But I am not religious. I just love and follow Jesus and the Father.

I'm definitely religious, but not 'rabidly' so.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

Religion is like the marriage vows in a marriage relationship. The region defines the boundaries of a right relationship. If you're not religious, you're probably not in the relationship. The right way comes only by study, prayer, and seeking to obey. This requires you to know the religious rules and follow them willingly for no reason other than because you love your husband.

No. A religious person is one that is always trying to work for what God, through Jesus, has already

freely made available to them.

• Daddy Dennis
      2 years agoReport

Not according to James 1:27. You are making new definitions to the word and it is false teaching.

• ?

Religion is the response (or not) to theism

No.

ALL RELIGIONS ARE A LIE,

The Bible says there is none righteous no not one I believe what the Bible says I'm not righteous the Bible also says all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God I have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. But do I try to do my best to honor Jesus Christ and Jehovah God yes that's plain and simple that's what I'm about.

Yes. Pure religion is defined for us in James 1:27.

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

When someone asks us where their dead loved ones are, the answer we give is our religion. I give a Christian answer based on the Bible. I let them know their loved ones are not in a hole in the ground or gone forever. When the time comes and we pass, we will find out what happened to them. God is their only judge. Life continues after the body dies.

Offering this comfort to mourners is pure religion. They look into my eyes and know I have no doubt about what I am telling them. They find comfort and rest knowing it will not be the last time they see their loved ones.

Added: When I hear someone say they are not religious I hear "No, I don't offer comfort to mourners. No, I don't have an opinion about the after life. Yes, I am very spotted by this world. I care about money, fame, myself, and the approval of other people more than anything else."

People who believe in the Bible should take care when redefining words to sound hip to people. It reveals a level of Biblical misunderstanding that is usually not restricted to just the failure to properly define important words.

Source(s): www.bible.com

No, I am a Spiritual Person who relies heavily on the Finished Works of the Lord God Jesus Christ.