I have a 2006 3.5 Dodge Charger and my auto stick will not engage and I need help trying to solve my issue?

Okay, I have a 2006 Dodge Charger which I have owned about 5 years and my autostick* or manual stick never work at all. the car drives fine but, the autostick has never worked. So today Ive decided I m going to try to find out whats is the issue causing this. I have been reading online that there can be a connection problem where the stick is not contacting each other. Have anybody ever had this type of issue with their autostick not working? If so can you please explain to me how did you fix this issue or can you give me information on what to look for to solve it ? thanks in advance..

Take it apart (the stick mechanism) and clean the surfaces of the printed circuit boards with some denatured or isopropyl alcohol. Cheap design implementation so Chrysler could use the Mercedes designed transmissions. Same thing happened in the Grand Cherokees and wherever else they had autosticks in those days. Had to take the ex-wife's apart in her 2005 Jeep).

Do a search on youtube.

Check for trouble codes.

Dome Chryslers are famous for blowing transmission control units