Nick asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 years ago

What happens if you overdose by just one pill?

I accidentally took one extra pill (diphenhydramine), and I'm a little worried. I don't know if something's going to happen, but I need to know what happens if you overdose by just one pill, depending on what the pill is...

ask lestermount

while it might not hurt you by one extra pill you shouldn't take more than the package says unless otherwise directed by a doctor. Too much of it I'm pretty sure can kill you. But i think just one extra pill you'll be fine- if you are worried, call a pharmacy and request to talk to a pharmacist about it and see if its okay.

Probably fine

You’ll be fine, I took a extra pill once and I thought the same, the next day I was fine. If you take about 7 or more I think classifies as overdose

Diphnenhydramine is Benedryl. Benedryl is one of the least harmful OTC (over-the-counter) drugs there are, so having an extra one is not harmful whatsoever. You may feel the side effects quicker or the effects may feel a bit stronger, so you might be sleepier than normal, but I wouldn't worry whatsoever.

maybe you should call your pharmacist and ask him that question

One Diphenhydramine extra will not harm you. You may be slightly drowsy or have a dry nose.

I told my doctor that I used diphenhydramine (Beneadril) as many as 2 or 3 times a week to get to sleep. She said that was perfectly okay, that diphenhydramine is the safest drug there is, it's very hard to hurt yourself with it.

I always took one, but a while ago I actually read the label and it says to take TWO. I never take two, one works fine. But I COULD take an extra one without exceeding the package directions.

I don't think one extra Benedryl will hurt you.