Nick asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 years ago

What happens if you overdose by just one pill?

I accidentally took one extra pill (diphenhydramine), and I'm a little worried. I don't know if something's going to happen, but I need to know what happens if you overdose by just one pill, depending on what the pill is...

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

ask lestermount

• 2 years ago

while it might not hurt you by one extra pill you shouldn't take more than the package says unless otherwise directed by a doctor. Too much of it I'm pretty sure can kill you. But i think just one extra pill you'll be fine- if you are worried, call a pharmacy and request to talk to a pharmacist about it and see if its okay.

• 2 years ago

Probably fine

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

You’ll be fine, I took a extra pill once and I thought the same, the next day I was fine. If you take about 7 or more I think classifies as overdose

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Diphnenhydramine is Benedryl. Benedryl is one of the least harmful OTC (over-the-counter) drugs there are, so having an extra one is not harmful whatsoever. You may feel the side effects quicker or the effects may feel a bit stronger, so you might be sleepier than normal, but I wouldn't worry whatsoever.

• 2 years ago

maybe you should call your pharmacist and ask him that question

• 2 years ago

One Diphenhydramine extra will not harm you. You may be slightly drowsy or have a dry nose.

• 2 years ago

I told my doctor that I used diphenhydramine (Beneadril) as many as 2 or 3 times a week to get to sleep. She said that was perfectly okay, that diphenhydramine is the safest drug there is, it's very hard to hurt yourself with it.

I always took one, but a while ago I actually read the label and it says to take TWO. I never take two, one works fine. But I COULD take an extra one without exceeding the package directions.

I don't think one extra Benedryl will hurt you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.