Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

which country would you rather live in?

1)in this country everyone spoke only the same language, nobody believed in god and nobody drank,smoke did drugs or engage in homosexual activity.

2)in this country everyone spoke different languages, everyone believed in god and people drank,smoke, did drugs and engaged in homosexual activity.

Favorite Answer

Depends on a lot of things... Do you literally mean EVERYONE spoke different languages, in scenario 2? Because that might render communication more or less impossible... Were there still ways to get around it? :S

Also: by "God", what exactly do you mean? Do you mean the Christian one? The Muslim one? Pagan gods? Hindu gods? Different people having their own concepts of the divine? And... was it rigid and hateful, or beautiful, transcendent, universal and inclusive? Because speaking as a pretty New Age-y sort of gal..? I'm a HUGE fan of the latter, but strongly averse to the former. And my ideal society..? Would be neither atheistic NOR conventionally, dogmatically religious.

I absolutely loathe homophobia. And I've got no problem with people having gay sex, or straight sex, or whatever sex they prefer, just as long as it's consensual. And as long as I don't have to participate, if I don't want to. (Being very NOT physically driven in that way, and I think mostly asexual, I find it highly unlikely, except for maybe in some VERY special cases, with a VERY special person.)

I don't like harmful drug abuse, or when certain people seemingly just CAN'T socialize without being drunk, or stoned, or high on something. But I like a bit of recreational use, every now and then. And I love psychedelics, for spiritual + therapeutic purposes, as well as just the sheer beauty of it.

..You tell me where I belong? :S

country 1

• Mark

Number two. Number one sounds like a fascist "utopia"

probably the first one

Neither. But I would choose 1 but not for what you may assume. But in a country in which NO ONE did those things it means then no one WANTED to do those things. And a country free of drugs is a safer country. If it's that no one did those things through coersion, then I'd have to choose 2.

''in this country everyone spoke only the same language, nobody believed in god and nobody drank,smoke did drugs or engage in homosexual activity. ''

That sounds like a communist country.

• Mack

neither