samir90 asked in TravelCanadaCalgary · 2 years ago

I'm going to Banff National Park and Jasper NAtional Park in 2 days for a week and It's looking like it's going to rain the entire trip!?

How long does the rain last in the parks usually? Does it rain all day? Do people still go out hiking and stuff in the rain there? Are there an hikes or things to do regardless of weather?

Update:

I'm going to Banff National Park and Jasper National Park in 2 days for a week and It's looking like it's going to rain the entire trip!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

Went to Canada (BC and Alberta) in 2016 for 3weeks June/July. At the beginning it was 4C and snowing , at the end 34C with spectacular thunder storm.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 years ago

Lotsa stuff in Banff to do in the rain. 75+ bars and restaurants. Whyte musem. Banff centre for the arts. etc.

http://banff.ca/index.aspx?NID=896

• 2 years ago

It starts raining when it starts it ends when it ends. It might rain in the part of the park you are in and it might not. Suggest you limit your hiking to finish before the rain starts. It can get very slippery.

YES there is stuff to do indoors in case of bad weather. Seriously in Banff over two days they are expecting 5mm of rain suggest you avoid valley bottoms the streams can raise up fast from rain falling miles away.

Lightning is more of an issue than the wetness.

For Jasper it is expected to rain about 2 hours.

Suggest you have shoes suitable for walking on wet ground..

• 2 years ago

Wear a waterproof and keep going...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

The weather app I use, ventusky.com, certainly doesn't show rain all week. It shows intermittent showers, which would be typical for summer. Yes, people still go hiking etc even if it's raining.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.