Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

why aren't mothers who give birth to drug addicted babies charged and put in jail?

• Cogito
    Favorite Answer

What would that accomplish?

Drugs are more easily obtainable inside jails than outside!

They wouldn't see it as a punishment, it would be completely ineffective as a deterrent and they're no danger to anyone but themselves.

• martin

Life and the law have not reached that point yet. There's the argument that the mother didn't realize the baby definitely would be drug addicted. Sterilizing or aborting babies of drug addicts still is unconstitutional as cruel and unusual punishment.

Are they not? I thought they were. They should be. I know they can't have custody of their babies. I guess those on the left cry when the mothers are put in jail, so they let them get off easy. Most people know their partying days are over when they get pregnant unexpectedly and do their best to make sure the pregnancy is healthy and they give birth to a healthy baby. Then some selfish bitches continue to use drugs. Oh, and I don't care if it's an addiction and it's hard to quit. You do what you've got to do. There's no excuse. I don't care how hard it is to quit using drugs. You don't use drugs while pregnant. But the liberals feel sorry for the women and cry if they are put in jail apparently. smdh.

Like drugs aren't smuggle into jails and prisons

They are. But filling jails with drug addicts is not the solution. It's been tried. It makes the for-profit prison businesses rich but it doesn't help society in any way. It is indeed sad that children have to suffer from the mistakes of their parents but putting people in jail because of addiction problems is not the solution.

Interesting. I agree. But why not allow the doctor to prescribe abortion when they first get pregnant? Drugs like opioid prescription should also be included.

Some are.

That would take them off welfare, and deny them the vote needed by the DNC to keep control of major city governments.

I actually agree with this