Lily asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 years ago

Will I lose fat if I do this?

I am a 14 year old girl who just wants to be toned. I m about 5 ft 2 and weigh 120lbs.

I decided to cut out all junk food from my diet. For carbs, I only have some grains: some white rice, 1 whole wheat pita and occasionally a piece of thin whole wheat toast bread everyday. Sometimes I have a meal replacement drink when I don t have an appetite. As for protein, I try to eat lots of meat, eggs, beans and fish. I only drink water and green tea. I also intermittent fast 16/8 hours.

As for workouts, I dance daily for at least a half hour and I ve recently added strength training (push-ups, squats, crunches, etc.) that takes about 35 mins to complete. I know a half hour isn t much, but I m new to strength training. I do strength training at least 4–5 times a week as well as dancing daily.

Are these changes drastic enough for me to lose body fat and gain a bit of lean muscle?

• Bort
    Favorite Answer

That is a pretty well balanced diet if you cut out the junk food like you're planning to. Cutting the junk out is definitely going to shape your body differently making it become more lean and toned / more appealing. The thing is that the results aren't going to be immediate. Whenever a person changes their diet or exercise habits our body's take a few weeks to adjust to the change internally before exterior results start to show. So do as you're thinking but don't give up on it too quickly. Give it 2 months although you're likely to start seeing slight changes in 2 weeks. You don't have to share them but just for your own reference it might be an idea to take a photo now and then 8 to 12 weeks from now to help you realize the change and see what you think of it. If you're not completely happy change your diet again, slightly, by maybe cutting back a bit but not excluding meat and eggs and increasing on rice, beans, fish, and potatoes.

Beans, corn, lettuce, and some other foods don't really do much for us other than they're a filler that takes up space. They don't have many nutrients in them other than water in lettuce and a bit of protien in beans. The thing with beans is if you don't chew them up really good so the outer shell is broken and they're broken up really well our digestive system can't break beans down to get the nutrients from them. Just like corn lettuce and beans (that have an outer shell and aren't broken up very well by chewing them) exits in the same exact form it enters us in. The reason for that is that those foods, and others that do the same, both don't have anything for our bodies other than filling our stomache so we feel full and don't have anything that's of benefit that our body's can make use of....so our body throws it right back out the same way we put it in.

Either that or our body just can't digest it to get anything out of it. It might be a good idea to cut out those kinds of filler foods, too, and replace them with something that gives you vitamins and nutrients which will equal having more energy.

• Kano

Sounds good.

White rice is okay, but get rid of the bread,.the rest of your diet is fine, as for the meal replacement drink, why? if you dont have an appetite dont eat.

Do your exercises when your fasting (fasted cardio)

Not overweight.

• I don't see why not...