What Guitar to buy?

My fav Bands: Green Day, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Queen

I am an absolute beginner (never touched a gitar) but I am going to learn.What Guitar can I buy that are under 250$ and can fulfill my afore mentioned needs. And Some budget amp recommendations would be nice too. I was thinking of buying an Epiphone LP Studio Deluxe or an Epiphone Sg 400 or a Yamaha Pacifica. HELP!

• Murzy
    Favorite Answer

buy a good used guitar to start. if you find that you don't have the ability to play, you have not invested a lot of money. also, many guitar stores that sell used guitars may throw in a few lessons with your purchase. if not, take some lessons before you develop any bad habits that will be hard to break

• mars

The Epiphone SG 400.

• John

I would opt for the Epiphone SG. Certainly the Epiphone Les Paul might SEEM better, but solid body guitars can be heavy. The LP is going to have a thicker, heavier body and a somewhat fatter neck. The SG would be the better choice.