Why do I get waves of depression?

I’ll just be minding my own business and then I’ll suddenly get this feeling that everything is wrong and disgusting. I’m not going to self diagnose but I’m too afraid to talk to my therapist but I may have depression, I have a lack of interest in everything now. I always feel as if I have no worth and I get really... show more I’ll just be minding my own business and then I’ll suddenly get this feeling that everything is wrong and disgusting. I’m not going to self diagnose but I’m too afraid to talk to my therapist but I may have depression, I have a lack of interest in everything now. I always feel as if I have no worth and I get really depressed at times that’s not what I would call sadness. I just want to feel nothing but everything at the same time. I’m wondering if these waves have to do with depression or if it’s something else. They just come randomly without thinking about anything sad. In those moments I get stressed and just want to die. In those moments it’s like everything that is wrong about me or about life hits me like I’m trying to find a reason to be sad. I don’t know how to explain it without sounding like something simple everyone has felt because this doesn’t seem normal to me.
5 answers 5