How to prove Being?

• Kevin7

You exist.You interact with the world

'I am'. To say, "I am not", asserts one's own being.

Source(s): Nisargatta Maharaj
  • Janet

You don't prove it. You experience it, and experience has no words.

• Amy

Ask Descartes

Think.

1. Define or clarify "Being."

2. Note your processing (while defining, clarifying).

3. This "2" is "being." Does it confirm "1"? If so,

1a. Repeat "1 and 2."

2a. Compare and contrast "1 and 2" with "3 and 1a."

4. If "1" is multi-aspected (e.g., "Being" = God and/or existentiality), does "2a" confirm "1 and 3"?

5. If so, conclude you have proven "X" (your definition of "Being"); continue iterating until you reach your standard of statistical reliability.

6. If "5" is not confirming "1," you have a definitional contradiction (falsification).

7. For second-degree framing, evaluate "6" in light of "1 and 2" (= "thinking about thinking about Being").

This is basically an early Descartes meditation. If one introduces "doubt" per "devil (as sockpuppet character)" "conditioning" "1 and 2, etc.", then one may balance that hypothesis of "I'm an inauthentic, programmed dupe (deceived by what Buddhism terms Mara)" by electing to affirm "God Is Good," and therewith take refuge in the assurance that one (e.g., Descartes) is being in the Image and likeness of God: "I think, live, and move in the likeness of God, therefore I am (authentically)." I.e., "Be-Cause" God is Life and Truth, "I," in the Image and likeness of God's Being, "am." The other two possibilities (agnostic atomism, and anti-God atheism) ~ = honest (agnostic) existentialism and illogical dogmatism (including subset of malicious or "deifying energy-veiling, deviling"). Descartes chose God and Life, reflecting "I Am that I Am."

Semi-related:

"There's Something about Godel;"

"The Slightest Philosophy;"

"The Path of the Higher Self;"

"Light Is a Living Spirit."

You don't have to prove it. Rene Descartes already did. Thoughts require a thinker.

I sneeze, therefore I am.

I think, therefore I am.