Cody asked in PetsDogs · 2 years ago

Why is my dog peeing and pooping outside of the pads??

So we've been living with my pembroke welsh corgi that is about 1 and a half years old, we always used pads (wee wee pads) and we moved a few months ago to a new household. We used the same pads and she stopped using the pads and instead peed in front of the pads. Since she didn't go outside and my family thought she was stressed so we started taking her outside, but she still does it in front of the pad every time. Is there any reason for this? We also changed her food recently before all of this since she wasn't eating the other food. (she eats the new food well) Can anyone explain why my dog is doing this?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You have completely up rooted her from all she has ever known & throw her into an environment that is totally new. She may be fearful of something, unsure of anything, she has gone potty on those pads so she won't go outside cause outside does not have a roof/ceiling. Outside is big & vast & scary.

It would have been far better if she had of been taught to go out side in the first place. This is typical & soon it won't even be near the pads, it will be any where in the house she choose's to go. It just goes from bad to worse using the pads. I would never use them, when you learn how to potty train a pup it is easy. Not knowing what you are doing is probably confusing her.

Jet lag.

Awkward & misplaced. Still trying to get to know the new place. Confused? Adjusting. Now would be a good time to train her to go out side. New place, new rules.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 years ago

In fustrastion during housetraining I bought my Border Collie pup potty pads but he chewed them all up and did his business elsewhere. It's much easier to housetrain them by taking them outside regularly and praising when they do it in the right spot, that's how my one was trained (it only took 5 days)

• 2 years ago

You trained her to pee inside the house. It's not going to be limited to just the pads.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Cos your stupid enough to try to housetrain with such rubbish

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Because you are an IDIOT who has taught your dog it's OK to **** and poop in the house.

How lazy and disgusting are you that you can't TAKE THE DOG OUTSIDE to go potty????

• 2 years ago

Get rid of the pads, dogs are suppose to eliminate outside not indoors, train it properly, provide sufficient daily walk/elimination outside, the pads only encourage elimination indoors anywhere they darn well please, they're not cats, they're dogs.

Often when there are any changes in their environment such as moving, a refresher course in training is necessary, until they've adjusted to the new environment, however sometimes any behavioral change may indicate or warrant taking it to a vet to rule out any possible medical issues first, and then the refresher course and proper walk/elimination outside, never indoors, unless of course you have a preference to living in a cesspool.

Diet changes should never be done, without vet recommendation and/or prescription and only if there are medical issues that warrant it.

Frequent/sudden diet changes may cause intestinal upset. Should a diet change be needed it should be done gradually over a period of ten days to two weeks by gradually mixing the old diet with the new diet, so by two weeks the dog will have been completely switched over.

• Jojo
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

So...now you know another good reason for not teaching your dog to pee and poop OUTSIDE.

Inevitably teaching a dog to use pee pads will backfire and the dog will eventually become unclean about the house.

Pee pads are disgusting things and whoever invented them for dogs should be hung and quartered.

• 2 years ago

Pee pads are a lazy option and the only good they do is to provide income for those who manufacture/sell them. I'm afraid this was inevitable and I'm amazed she's been using them for this long. Dogs don't by nature, empty in the exact same place, coupled with the fact that right now, your dog has absolutely no idea that the ONLY place she should be emptying is OUTSIDE. Your place must stink! Get on with properly housetraining this dog - it's not too late but it will take extra effort to get her out of the habit she's now in.

• 2 years ago

she probably dont like those pads

• 2 years ago

She does it because you made the mistake of training her to use those disgusting, foul, unsanitary pads. Ive yet to meet a dog that 100% pees on the pads. Many WILL pee near them, or use other surfaces that have similar textures.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.