Sparky asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 years ago

I am a 15 year old boy who is only 5"4 and just over 100 pounds!?

Hello, as you can see by the title, I am a little embarrassed of my height, I am 15 years old, I am a boy and I am 5"4 and I weigh just over 100 pounds, barely though. Could that be a problem that I am only over 100 pounds at 15? Also school is about to start in two days for me and we had this locker distribution thing we had to go to for our lockers and bare in mind, I am starting grade 10. When I got there, most of my friends grew like 5-7 inches in two and a half months, I grew maybe 2 or 3 inches! My mom is about 5"3 and my dad is 5"7 and a bit, I have an uncle who is like 6ft though and I had great great grandpa's who were 6ft. Could it just mean I haven't reached my growth spurt yet? Or was I meant to be short :(

Let me now down below on tips I could use to get taller or something like that!

• Josie
    Favorite Answer

Hello, if you are really 5 inches 4 you do have a problem.

But if you grew 3 inches in 2.5 months that is pretty encouraging.

You are in growth spurt now, apparently-

There is nothing you can do apart from decent nutrition

and keep active.

• shivaa

Look dear ,your height depends upon your gean and your family .generally children grow well in the summer seasons. so don't worry and give your self some time every thing will become ok, I was 4'11" at 15 and grew to 5'11' by the time i was 18. so don't worry OK.God Bless YOU.

You should only date short girls.

• Pontus
      2 years agoReport

My wife is taller than I am.

• Pontus

I am 49 years old, a man, and 5'2. I did not keep growing until 21. I grew less than in inch in high school.

You are taller than I was/am. Be grateful and not embarrassed.

You likely will get a little taller (unlike me), but it's not a guarantee.

You are a little underweight, but weight alone does not indicate health. How you feel is also a significant factor.

Do not fret over what you cannot change.

• kelvin

nothing wrong with your height now and when your done fully growing you will be taller

You will have a growth spurt any time now and you will grow until you are roughly 21 years of age. I would suggest that you had a word with your doctor to put your mind at rest.