Is it normal to feel hurt in this situation?

This girl rejected me some time back and soon after found herself a boyfriend. That was 9 months ago, but to this day, whenever I see her tag her boyfriend in posts on facebook, I feel deeply hurt inside. It reminds me of how she rejected me when I finally got the nerve to ask her out and how she chose someone else over me . Is it normal, even after all this time to feel this way? I don't want to delete her though as we still were kind of friends and it would make the situation more awkward.

Favorite Answer

I dont think you should feel "deeply" hurt anymore to be honest after all this time. What's the point? Feeling hurt like that doesn't serve you in any way. You're kind of just having a pity party for yourself at this point. So she thought another guy was more suited to her than she thought you were- big deal. It doesn't mean there's something wrong with you- but if you take it that way, you're only selling yourself short. And if you're hurt this much by someone you were only kind of friends with, imagine how hurt you could allow yourself to be if someone you were actually in a serious relationship and were in love with left you? You need to not take it so personally and move on, for your own good. Can't you just block or not look at her Facebook posts?