Have you ever read your horoscope before? Was it accurate?

I read yesterday's horoscope at the end of the day and I found out the things they said about me were true.

But I fulfilled their weekly and daily prophecies about me without first reading what it said about me

I think if I had tried to fulfill the prophecies before living out my life - I would not have fulfilled them

Sometimes knowing the future is bad because it will prevent you from living it out correctly

• Janet
    Favorite Answer

I am a professionally-certified astrologer of over 45 years. Not including growing up as the daughter of an astrologer.

Horoscopes are a commercial scam and NOT real astrology.

Your "zodiac sign" is only a very small part of YOUR personal astrological birthchart, and is not accurate about who you are. It is your SUN sign, and it is the only "planet" whose location consistently matches month-day of birth from one year to the next.

The Sun's location is easy to find, so it is easy to sell, and that is all it is good for .. for writers to make money off of those who don't know better.

In fact, the word "horoscope" does NOT mean prediction. It means a birthchart .. a map of the sky drawn up for ONE moment (usually someone's birth) as seen from a particular place on earth. Containing all 12 signs, all 10 "planets", all 12 houses, and about 12 to 24 "aspects" between the planets.

And astrology is only an influence on what goes on INSIDE of you. It has no influence over external events, except that how YOU are feeling CAN affect other people.

All astrology shows is how you are likely to be IF you do nothing to grow, learn or change.

And the techniques these scam-artists use to write up their horoscopes are not even valid astrological techniques. I won't go into details, but for starters, they presume that EVERYONE was born exactly AT sunrise, and they base everything on that. So if YOU weren't born at sunrise .. it doesn't apply to you.

Mine has been accurate before

Only the ones that say I don't believe in horoscopes.

• yesmar

Yes. No, it wasn't. It's not possible to know the future, but that's been the eternal draw for humans.