Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaWinnipeg · 2 years ago

Is it even legal to enlist in the US armed forces if you’re like a royal of another country?

A girl from my rotc is planning on enlisting in the Navy but she’s from the royal bloodline of the country she’s from. I can’t say her name on here sorry but since she’s from that royal bloodline that makes her a princess or something like that right? And if she is, can she even enlist? I don’t want to ask her this because idk if she’s gonna think it’s weird

Ok thanks, I don’t know anything regarding her citizenship so I can’t say much to that. Don’t you guys think it’s funny how she’s a royal member of her country but she’s trying to join another country’s military? If our two countries ever went to war, she’d be like a traitor right? 😂 lol

Sorry I mean NJROTC, we’re in high school. We just say rotc

You’re so freaking specific 😂😂

• Zirp

Depends on the laws of that country, but probably not.

If you are talking about the netherlands, ANYBODY legally Dutch who joins a foreign army without permission from the dutch government automatically LOSES the dutch nationality.

No

Source(s):

....I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander.

During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union.

I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration....

• JetDoc

The USA does not have ANY "royalty". NOBODY CARES who her ancestors were (and it's probably bullshit anyway). If she is an American citizen, she can enlist in the US Navy.

I enlisted and i'm a prince of Wakanda

And this kiddies is your bed time fairy story for this week!

If you have swallowed this crap then do you want to buy the keys to never never land.

As Peter Pan wants to buy the lost boys a gift!

UP DATE ether she is telling lies or you are!

• Mrsjvb

my husband did 20 years and can trace his ancestry back to the first kings of Scotland.

and no her claiming to be of a royal bloodline does NOT make her a Princess.

• Mercury
      2 years agoReport

I bet he cannot, l hope he did not pay someone to research it. Many people in the
      USA have fake family trees.

No-one is going to care.

She can't CLAIM royalty while serving in the US military. That said, it is EXTREMELY likely that if you trace ANYONE'S ancestry far enough, you can say they are from a 'royal bloodline'.

A girl from my rotc is planning on enlisting in the Navy

That literally CAN'T be true. Being in ROTC means you have ALREADY signed up to be a military officer. An officer CAN'T enlist.

• ?
      2 years agoReport

The first two years of college ROTC can be taken by almost anyone. At the two year point then there is a selection by the military.

• Foofa

Probably depends on the rules in the country where she holds this mythical title.

Only US citizens and legal permanent residents can enlist.

• STEVEN F
      2 years agoReport

Yes, it IS true you must at least be a legal permanent resident. However, that is 100% IRRELEVANT to the question.